Application for certificates

For Alumni Applying for Certificates

Office in charge

International Student Exchange Division
Tokyo Institute of Technology
S6-7, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 152-8550 JAPAN
tel: +81-3-5734-7677
fax: +81-3-5734-3677
email: (please change # to @ when you send e-mail)

Applications are not accepted by telephone.

Types of Certificates

  1. official certification of a copy of your academic records*
  2. completion certificate
  3. other

*Please note that there is a difference between an “official academic record” and “the official certification of a copy of your academic record.”

Rather than requesting an official certification of a copy of your academic record, it is recommended that you first ask your home university to issue an official academic record for you, as this will include all credits earned on the YSEP program.

Tokyo Tech Rule: Tokyo Tech issues an academic record (transcript) only once and sends it to the concerned partner university. The partner university uses this academic record from Tokyo Tech to transfer the YSEP student’s credits to the student’s home university.
However, if the academic record issued by your home university does not meet your needs, you can apply for our “official certification of a copy of your academic record.”

The copy looks nearly identical to the original academic record (transcript), but has been stamped as a “Certified Copy” and includes the name and signature of the head of the International Student Exchange Division.

Points of Note

  1. Certificates are issued free of charge.
  2. Only the required number of certificates can be issued.
  3. When submitting your application, make sure to write the name(s) of the recipient(s) (organizations or entities) of the certificates in accord with the number of copies you requested.
  4. Certificates are issued in the name you used during your period of enrollment at Tokyo Tech. If your name has changed, please provide evidence of this.
  5. Certificates are issued only in English.

Application Procedures

Send the following items to the office in charge.

  1. Certificate Application Form (doc), (PDF)
  2. A copy of a document verifying your identity (such as a driver’s license, health insurance card, or passport).

If you wish to designate a proxy to receive the certificate(s) on your behalf, the proxy must show his/her Photo ID, when he/she comes to receive the certificate(s).

When Will the Certificate(s) be Issued?

Certificates will be issued in approximately four days. (It may take longer depending on the time of the year.)

*Mid-March to mid-May is typically a busy period. Certificates requested during this period may take longer than normal. If you need a certificate during this period, submit your application as early as possible.